Thursday, June 19, 2008

alfalfa_butterfly_on_lessingia

The pic is of an alfalfa butterfly on an Aster. So beautiful. The storms that just came through here the other night bent some of my Sunflowers to the ground and even broke a few. I knew I should have put stakes but by the time I realized that, they were already so tall. Next year I will remember. It was sad to see their heads bent when just the day before they were straining their little necks up to Heaven. Oh yeah, I feel guilty.

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.
–Richard Le Gallienne (1866–1947)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eve, visited your blog for the first time and I found it so beautiful. Those lines really do sum up our own feelings towards Mother Nature. I'll be popping back.

Eve said...

Thanks for visitng me and for your kind words.