Saturday, May 31, 2008

My favorite songs

I am a Christian and I love the Gaither videos. If you do too, don't forget to click on the link at the bottom of the page, then you can listen while you read.

I was saddened to learn that Dottie Rambo, the gospel legend and gifted writer went home to be with Our Lord on May 11, 2008 when her tour bus crashed into a roadside embankment in Missouri. She has always been my favorite songwriter and I will miss her.
I remember hearing her say that each song came from a journey she had to go through. She lived each word of her songs and she connected with others who understood. Walking with Jesus is not always easy but writers like Dottie Rambo, helped to make the journey a little bit easier.
There is a song titled “Come Spring” in which she sings of going to be with Jesus in Spring, and she did. The Gaithers did a lot of her songs...Here is a link to a beautiful song by Dottie.."Tears Will Never Stain the Streets of That City"..
http://www.barb-coolwaters.com/h001/tearswillnever.html