Wednesday, July 16, 2008

EASY AND CHEAP WAY TO GET MORE PLANTS

No, that pic is not out of focus, it is totally out of focus ..LOL

I was just browsing some websites today and ran across this helpful information on cuttings. I thought I would share it with you. Some of you, no doubt know this but since new gardeners are born every day, it might be useful for some. The cuttings above are sweet potato vine and a Malunggay or Moringa tree. There is a post on this tree in an earlier post.

Did you know there are 5 types of cuttings?

Leaf cuttings
Hardwood cuttings
Semi ripe cuttings
Softwood cuttings
Root cuttings

Read more here:

Plants from cuttings

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I just stumbled across your blog. It's lovely and filled with great tips.

DP Nguyen said...

How interesting! Thanks for the link to the info. I learn new things every day!

tina said...

Good post-nice and short and to the point. I should learn this trick with mine. lol

Gail said...

Great information and now I must follow the link and learn more! Gail